Monday, October 17, 2005

And Now the Day is Done

Today was my first day back in the shoes of a career girl.  As I was pulling Evan out of bed at 5:45 and stripping his soaked clothes off him I became acutely aware that I should not have gotten dressed before handling him (cute and cuddly as he is).  The term “natural disaster” has a whole new meaning in this house.  No harm today, but I’ll be a little more careful in the future.

How was work?  Hmm, I’ll give it a little more time.  It was slow-going and I know nothing and I felt retarded (not meant derogatorily…I really felt that way) but I hope that will change as I gain competency and clients.  I have a ton to learn from the paralegal who runs the firm (yes, Virginia, some attorneys actually value the suspect “lower class” legal professional).

<Blank stare.>  I need to go to bed.  Sane thoughts to follow on the weekend.

2 Comments:

At October 18, 2005 7:12 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

;D HA!

 
At October 26, 2005 11:01 AM, Blogger Nica said...

I'm sure you'll do wonderfully, Amanda... usually it is the "second tier" workers who know a TON... take Joel's office, half the secretaries know more than their lawyers. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home