Thursday, October 13, 2005

SIXTEEN kids!!!

I have been following the Duggar family since the Discovery Health Channel special “14 Children and Pregnant Again!” At the time I saw it I was intrigued. Dan and I have talked about this – about the ability to support a family of that size on even a sizeable income. He says it’s a type of investment. I guess.

Anyway, the Duggar family became a family of 17 after that TV special and continued to grow until two days ago when Mrs. Duggar gave birth to their 16th child. <gasp>

Mrs. Duggar had her first baby at age 21 and her 16th at age 39, roughly an 18-year span, but that included two sets of twins. I did a quick calculation and if I continued having just one baby every 13 ½ months, I’d have 16 children in a span of 16 years, 10 ½ months. Take that, Mrs. Duggar! So there!

For the record, it’s too late to add another full-term baby by early May 2006 and I’m NOT trying to win any family size contests.

1 Comments:

At October 19, 2005 2:49 PM, Blogger Rachelle said...

The thought of that many children that close together makes me want to crawl into bed and cover my head and slip into a coma. Children are a blessing, but.... Are you sure you don't want to go for it AJ?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home