Monday, November 22, 2004

Boys, Boys everywhere

The word on the street...er, ultrasound table, is that we're in for another boy. This time I actually was able to make out the, uh, pertinent parts myself, so I'm pretty sure.

Although part of me was wishing to experience a closet full of little pink baby girl clothes like my friend Jenny, I'm still very pleased on several levels. First, on a practical level, we have a ton of little boy clothes that are barely worn (up until 12m sizes when mobility began to make its wear and tear) and I wanted to see them on another baby.

Second, I like boys and think raising one of them (or two of them!) would be probably be easier than raising a girl. Disclaimer to any daughter of mine reading this ten years from now: Mommy loves you very much, wouldn't trade you for anything, and if you ask her now, would probably affirm that she has since changed her mind on this issue. Remembering my own teenage years, I was a pain in the behind. Also, I don't think I'm alone in saying that as a teenage girl I had self-esteem issues that caused some major attitudes, unnecessarily complicated relationships, etc. Boys, on the other hand, seem to just do dumb things that cause broken bones.

Anyway, back to the news, I'm envisioning myself ten years from now in a house surrounded by boys and fighting the day-to-day battle to turn off ESPN and stop burping at the table and inaccuracy at the toilet. (And I'm happy.)

2 Comments:

At November 23, 2004 3:58 PM, Blogger Amy K said...

Hey! Congratulations on passing the bar and on the news of baby boy #2!! I'm glad to see you're blogging again! -Amy

 
At November 24, 2004 6:12 PM, Blogger Queen of Carrots said...

I'm coming to the conclusion that clumps of each gender are the best way to go. Every time I put away a set of D1's clothes, I tell her, "You had better have a baby sister to wear all these."

But if you have all boys, the place winds up being like you describe(I know, I visit my in-laws all the time). And if you have all girls, it winds up being a hormonal cesspool. And if you alternate, like my family did, the kids always have to play with children of the opposite gender.

So I'm pulling for another girl or two and then a few boys.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home